Friday, September 17, 2010

Week Two NFL Picks



I feel pretty good about my 11-5 prognostication record in Week 1, but I proceed with cautious optimism. My forecasting ability is typically weak, so here's hoping I can turn the tide this NFL season. So, in the spirit of Carnac, here are my Week 2 NFL picks (home teams in all caps). Take them to the bank:



PACKERS over Bills: No Ryan Grant, no problem for Green Bay. At least not against the hapless Bills.



Dolphins over VIKINGS: Sometimes it's best to follow your instincts, and my instincts tell me that Chad Henne and Brandon Marshall are going to put up explosive numbers on Sunday in Minnesota. Upset alert.



Chiefs over BROWNS: Many people are dismissing Kansas City's Monday night shellacking of the Chargers as a fluke. Not me. K.C. displayed remarkable athleticism against San Diego, and their success will continue against Jake Delhomme (yikes!) and the Browns.



COWBOYS over Bears: Dallas made an astonishing amount of mental errors in their Sunday night loss at the Redskins. If Tony Romo and company again falter in Week 2, there will be significant cause for concern. I just don't see that happening. Big D rolls to victory over a mediocre Bears team.



FALCONS over Cardinals: The Cardinals looked surprisingly underwhelming in their Week 1 win at St. Louis, so even while the Falcons limp into this game after a deflating Week 1 loss at Pittsburgh, I still think they will sail past Arizona with relative ease.



PANTHERS over Bucs: The jury is still out on Carolina QB Matt Moore. I think he has what it takes to succeed in the NFL. He will flash his potential on Sunday.

Eagles over LIONS: The Lions could very well channel their anger from last week's controversial loss at Chicago into a productive game, but with Shaun Hill at quarterback, it is hard to envision Detroit pulling away with a victory. The Eagles will be rejuvenated behind the leadership of Michael Vick. Contrary to popular belief, Vick still has major skill.

Ravens over BENGALS: Cincy struggled mightily against the Patriots defense in Week One. Imagine how they will fare against the likes of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

TITANS over Steelers: I have tremendous respect for Dennis Dixon. But he's still no Vince Young.

BRONCOS over Seahwaks: This one could be ugly. Denver uses the home field advantage to propel them to victory.

Rams over RAIDERS: The only reason to watch this game is to see the ongoing development of quarterback Sam Bradford. Bradford will eventually be a star in this league.

REDSKINS over Texans: What a great game this will be. The McNabb-led Redskins are my pick to win the NFC East, so I will stick with them here. However, if Matt Schaub and the Texans want to make a notable statement about being taken seriously as a playoff contender, they will win this game. I'm not entirely convinced that the Texans are ready to take that next step, but I can't wait to see how this game unfolds.

JETS over Patriots: Mark Sanchez and Gang Green looked atrocious on Monday night against the Ravens, but they can erase all memories of that with a win against Brady and the Pats. I think Rex Ryan and company will be up to the task.

CHARGERS over Jaguars: San Diego will take out all of their furor over the loss to the Chiefs on the hapless Jaguars. Hide the children. This one could be ugly.

COLTS over Giants: The latest installment in the Manning Bowl should offer compelling drama. This one will go down to the wire, but I can't imagine Indy starting off the year at 0-2.

49ERS over Saints: Why? Because I am an unabashedly biased Niners fan, that's why. Lets go Niners!!!

Last week: 11-5
My season record: 11-5










No comments: